Friday, October 10, 2008

HOMEmaking...


I happened upon a blog the other day. Homemaking...More than Dishes and Laundry. I encourage all of you to look at this study. These are a few thoughts that I would like to share concerning this study.
Matt. 25 is a parable where Jesus likens watching for His return to 10 Virgins. 5 of the Virgins were what He labeled as Wise, and the other 5 were referred to as foolish. The 5 wise Virgins were described as prepared...their lamps were full and they even thought ahead to have extra oil. The 5 referred to as foolish were unprepared. They ran out of oil just as the Bridegroom was arriving. Now I know that this parable is referring to the return of Christ but I think there are some great principles that we can apply to every area of our life. As I consider my life as a homemaker I am reminded that I need to be ready...Now does that mean that we need to make sure we have extra laundry soap on hand and a pantry full of food? Maybe, but that's a different story. What this study and what I want to focus on is me, the mom and wife,being ready. I can never fully know what my families future may hold, but I need to be ready!! How can I have my lamp full and ready for what ever may happen to my family and me? I think the answer lies in God alone. I need to be full of Him. This reminded me of a Verse in Prov. 31...The Virtuous Women passage. Verse 27 reads, "She carefully watches everything in her household." I need to be full of God so I can wisely discern right from wrong, good from evil.
The dictionary defines Wise as having the power of discernment and judging properly as to what is true or right. Foolish is defined as lacking forethought or caution.
My prayer is that my home is a haven from whatever my family is bombarded with in the world. I want to be wise enough to discern what is true and right and make that the heart of my home. I need to be saturated in His truth and righteousness. May we all think about our homes as a haven from the storm.

4 comments:

Mekia said...

WOW! That was very neat!
Thanks for being wise. Thanks for standing in this gap for me time and time again.
I'm so glad you came over yesterday. Sorry I was such a mess. I am much calmer today even though the situations haven't really changed.
We did have a very honest talk yesterday afternoon. It was needed.
Love you!

Ginger said...

Thanks for the comment...by the way, I tried to read your latest blog and it says I am not invited to your blog. It says you have a private blog and can only view it by invite only. Just thought I would let you know...

Mrs. B, a very peculiar person said...

GREAT post. Really enjoyed this insight.

Mrs. B

Mrs. B, a very peculiar person said...

Excellent Post.
Mrs.B